Balustrades are important design and safety feature of a residential or commercial property. Balustrades can be manufactured from a variety of materials, but over the years, aluminum balustrade is becoming more and more popular because of the following reasons.
- Aluminum Balustrade Is Beautiful. One of the foremost reasons why people love aluminum balustrade is because of its aesthetic appeal. Many manufacturers using advanced technology in their fabrication processes are capable of creating aluminum balustrade of reasonable design. In addition, aluminum balustrade is able to retain its shape and aesthetics better than most other materials. For instance, wooden balustrades can shrink or warp over time, and this does not have to be an issue with aluminum balustrade.
- Aluminum Balustrade Is Low Maintenance. Unlike other materials, aluminum balustrade does not need to be painted every year. And even if the paint or coating wears out and the base meatal underneath is exposed, the aluminum will not corrode – provided that you use high quality aluminum – thereby reducing the need to paint over it. Furthermore, cleaning aluminum balustrade is much easier than cleaning wrought iron or wooden balustrades.
- Aluminum Balustrade Is Safe. Because of the composition and structure of aluminum balustrade, it can be a much safer option than most other materials used for the same purpose. For instance, aluminum does not rot or decay like wood, nor does it rust and corrode like wrought iron. Because of this, it proves to be a much stronger material and therefore there is lesser worries of it breaking and causing accidents when you hold on to it or lean against it. Furthermore, aluminum balustrade has smooth and even finish throughout, so you shouldn’t have to worry about cracks or splinters that can cut through your skin unlike with wooden balustrades.
- Aluminum Balustrade Is Corrosion Resistant. Unlike wrought iron, aluminum balustrade rarely (if ever) show any signs of corrosion. Even in the case of galvanized steel, rust can develop at the joints or other parts where it was welded or drilled. Rust can seriously damage the aesthetic value of railings and balustrades, but more important is that they also weaken the structure and thereby compromise its structural integrity. When you use aluminum balustrade, you not only get a beautiful balustrade but a safe one at that, too.
- Aluminum Balustrade Is Recyclable. For property owners who care for the environment, this is of absolute importance. Aluminum balustrade is tough and resilient, but when they do need to be replaced, you can be sure that the old balustrades are not sent to sanitary landfills – and instead head to the recycling plants in order to create new products out of them.
If you’re looking for excellent aluminum balustrade for your residential or commercial property, please feel free to get in touch with us through (02) 9604 8222. You can also visit our showroom Mondays to Saturdays or talk with any of the distributors mentioned in our contact page.
Image Source: Signlite.com.au